The Seeds in Your Teeth

Links and references to information about writing
Forum rules
Add references that are especially helpful; don't try to list everything you can find.
Regulars can add to the resources database, which is better organised and more enduring.
CageSage
Super Important Member

The Seeds in Your Teeth

Postby CageSage » Wed, 05 Sep 2018 8:17 am

http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2018/09 ... e-writing/

swearing involved - it is Chuck Wendig

Rath Darkblade

Re: The Seeds in Your Teeth

Postby Rath Darkblade » Thu, 06 Sep 2018 8:42 pm

:lol: I love this. The best line there...

Please do not abandon actual babies, by the way.

Thanks, Chuck! :lol:

Or possibly...

HOW DO YOU MAKE THEM STOP OH GOD THEY WON’T LEAVE ME ALONE
(etc., etc.)

:lol: I know the feeling. While I was still working on my current WIP, two new ideas came along. They weren't bad ideas. But I simply didn't have time to throw aside a WIP that I spent weeks on and start a new one. So I scribbled them on the back of an old envelope. ;)

Incidentally, here's a very famous anecdote: When Hubble built his famous telescope, he was happy when Einstein and his wife came around to see him.

Einstein's wife asked Hubble about his telescope, and he told her that, bit by bit, it revealed to him the shape of the universe.

Mrs Einstein replied, "Well, my husband does that on the back of an old envelope." :)

Does that make me like Einstein? I hardly think so. It's more likely that I just remembered that anecdote, and felt proud that Einstein and I both do the same thing about ideas... :)
There is nothing wrong with nepotism, so long as you keep it all in the family. (Winston Churchill)

Rkcapps
Site Admin

Postby Rkcapps » Sat, 08 Sep 2018 12:07 pm

This one is my favourite... As I am wont to say, the question we ask writers shouldn’t be, “Where do you get your ideas?” but rather, "HOW DO YOU MAKE THEM STOP OH GOD THEY WON’T LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE ARE THERE DRUGS TO HELP ME OR DO YOU HAVE A HAMMER I CAN HIT MYSELF WITH OH GOD I AM A CONSTANT IMAGINATION ANTENNA it’s so noisy please send cotton candy and puppies."

CageSage
Super Important Member

Postby CageSage » Sat, 08 Sep 2018 1:51 pm

I agree. It seems once we open our mind to the ideas that float around in the ionosphere, they come pounding at the door (our heads) ALL the TIME, regardless of what else should be happening in our lives.
Millions of the little critters, waiting to 'infect' some mind so they come be made real ... or should that be 'read'?

Rkcapps
Site Admin

Postby Rkcapps » Sun, 09 Sep 2018 12:27 am

It's rather addictive :lol:

Return to “Resources”