Member Removed

Announcements about this forum
Forum rules
Posts in this section are visible to everyone on the internet. If you want more privacy, use the 'Members Only' section instead.
AJ Konlucko
Site Admin

Member Removed

Postby AJ Konlucko » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 6:25 pm

Lmunch has been banned. Clearly not here for the right reasons.

Enzed
Super Important Member

Re: Member Removed

Postby Enzed » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 6:36 pm

Thank you very much for doing that. (y)

We don't need disruptive, abusive members who spend their time trying to undermine the confidence of other people while contributing nothing of value. It's a vindictive trait that can have harmful consequences for members who need support and encouragement to help them on their writing journey.
Joss Shawyer
Amazon

AJ Konlucko
Site Admin

Postby AJ Konlucko » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 6:37 pm

Spot on. I have no time for people who are not here for the right reasons.

Terence Charles
Very Important Member

Postby Terence Charles » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 7:43 pm

That seems remarkably draconian, after just a few comments.

Surely Imunch's comments could have been in jest and just to see what the reactions were. Perhaps she/he thought some of the posts were a little too precious!

Isn't there some kind of procedure for this type of action, or do people just get 'removed'' at will without any discussion of the membership?
Terence Charles - 'ThiefTakers'
http://terencecharlesblog.wordpress.com

AJ Konlucko
Site Admin

Postby AJ Konlucko » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 7:56 pm

Terence Charles wrote:That seems remarkably draconian, after just a few comments.

Surely Imunch's comments could have been in jest and just to see what the reactions were. Perhaps she/he thought some of the posts were a little too precious!

Isn't there some kind of procedure for this type of action, or do people just get 'removed'' at will without any discussion of the membership?

A lot more to this than what you (and other members) know about. After what happened earlier this year with a fake member we have zero tolerance to anything like this.

As the administrator of the forum we reserve the right to remove any account which belongs to somebody who is not here for the right reasons.
ALL members agreed to these rules when they sign up: ucp.php?mode=register
Rule number 8. Forum administrators may deny any member access to this site at any time, should they see fit.

OzFenric

Postby OzFenric » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 8:01 pm

Hmm. I was not fully up to speed with lmunch's comments but I was doing a quick review through them and a ban in this case was not unreasonable. S/he seemed to have a high regard for themselves, and it did come through a little disrespectful in a couple of cases. Okay - a lot disrespectful. Hir participation in one recent thread seemed particularly egregious. S/he may well have just been here to troll.

Speaking more generally, other forums I'm involved with have posting rules and a process for banning members only after they've received a number of warnings. I would suggest we might do well to establish something similar. I'll get the details of how they do it. Under a scheme of this type, lmunch's offending posts would be removed, s/he would be notified of the reason, but s/he hirself would not be immediately banned. What do people think of this?
Sleep is for tortoises.

AJ Konlucko
Site Admin

Postby AJ Konlucko » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 8:33 pm

Warnings have been issued in the past to members who have done the wrong thing. In this case I made the call to ban them.

Terence Charles
Very Important Member

Postby Terence Charles » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 11:16 pm

I don't understand how warnings in the past relate to this incident or the member who has been removed.

Why didn't we see any warning posts on the forum to Imunch?

You list
Rule number 8. Forum administrators may deny any member access to this site at any time, should

Did the administrators (plural) Issue this immediate ban or was this a solo decision?
Terence Charles - 'ThiefTakers'
http://terencecharlesblog.wordpress.com

Enzed
Super Important Member

Postby Enzed » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 11:41 pm

The past incident does relate to this person who has now been removed. There is reason to believe they are the same person.
Joss Shawyer
Amazon

AJ Konlucko
Site Admin

Postby AJ Konlucko » Wed, 15 Nov 2017 8:39 am

Terence Charles wrote:I don't understand how warnings in the past relate to this incident or the member who has been removed.

Why didn't we see any warning posts on the forum to Imunch?

You list
Rule number 8. Forum administrators may deny any member access to this site at any time, should

Did the administrators (plural) Issue this immediate ban or was this a solo decision?

Warnings are sent direct to the member involved, when and as required.

I made the decision to ban them. Any administrator has the right to ban a member, normally this would be discussed but in this case I made the call and I am happy to stand by it. We had discussed this member and were happy to just keep an eye on them, but when this extra information came to light that this member was the same person who was causing issues on here in the past (Bettyboop_71 / MazzaE) I made the call to ban them.

The administrators and moderators have on-going discussions around the day to day running of the forum that members in general don't even know about, a lot happens in the background that we keep away from the members for good reason.

Return to “Notices”