Vision 2018

Questions, answers and suggestions about the forum
Forum rules
Posts in this section are visible to everyone on the internet. If you want more privacy, use the 'Members Only' section instead.
Rkcapps
Site Admin

Re: Vision 2018

Postby Rkcapps » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 2:41 pm

hey, lmunch, what kind of things attracted you? talking about writing in general?

motivation can be hard, Paule, when you work a full day!

I hear you chimech, I'm the same, although I enjoy a break with something new to stretch my mind then I go back to my WIP with a fresh take...

lmunch
Forum Member

Postby lmunch » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 8:27 am

I just enjoy the creative process, even if what I write is not great it is still better than some of what I read on here.

AJ Konlucko
Site Admin

Postby AJ Konlucko » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 10:35 am

lmunch wrote:I just enjoy the creative process, even if what I write is not great it is still better than some of what I read on here.

Really? As a fairly new member you seem to have a lot to say when you have shared very little of your own work.

chicmech
Very Important Member

Postby chicmech » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 11:02 am

lmunch.....that's pretty harsh.
I needed a hero so that's what I became!

Rkcapps
Site Admin

Postby Rkcapps » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 11:21 am

Have we done something offensive, lmunch? You seem hell bent on scaring people away from here??

Enzed
Super Important Member

Postby Enzed » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 11:45 am

lmunch wrote:What made me join up was being able to read what other members are writing and help them develop as writers, given I have little time to write myself.

Could this person be "BettyBoop" et al, sneaking back to make some mischief, using yet another alias???

It wouldn't surprise me.
Joss Shawyer
Amazon

Rkcapps
Site Admin

Postby Rkcapps » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 12:36 pm

Seems the only logical explanation, Joss...

lmunch
Forum Member

Postby lmunch » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 2:06 pm

I reckon that by the time you are posting on a forum and making your writing public it should at least be readable, not random dribble.

lmunch
Forum Member

Postby lmunch » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 2:59 pm

Enzed wrote:Could this person be "BettyBoop" et al, sneaking back to make some mischief, using yet another alias???

This is the second time I have heard this name, who was she? What did she do? Try and keep at least one of you honest? Maybe, I don't know her but maybe she had the right idea.

PaulE

Postby PaulE » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 3:42 pm

The details are not important, however the person involved joined merely to be a disruptive influence, and contributed nothing useful to the forum.

If you do not feel that this forum offers what you are looking for, I am sure there are many others out there that might suit your tastes.

This forum is available to allow people to engage with other writers, to seek constructive feedback on their own writing or provide constructive feedback to others, and to share insights and thoughts on various aspects of writing.

You are welcome to participate. However, I suggest you read up on how to provide constructive criticism. Calling another persons work "random dribble" (I think you meant drivel) is fairly useless as a critiquing method.

On a final note, it does no harm to be civil. Coming in here and bragging about how good your writing is compared to everyone else (on little evidence) and being obnoxious in the process will only make you come across as immature.

I look forward to seeing some of this excellent writing of yours, and I trust that your contributions on the forum will be as positive as you initially proposed.

Return to “Help”