I am Yangtts

eg, who you are, what you write, what you would like out of this forum—and anything else!
Forum rules
Who are you? What do you write? What you would like out of this forum? And anything else!
To add your own introduction, please create a new topic for yourself so that your info isn't just tacked on below someone else's. You're important in your own right!
WARNING: Posts in this section are visible to everyone on the internet. If you want more privacy, use the 'Members Only' section instead.
yangtts
Highly Important Member

I am Yangtts

Postby yangtts » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 4:00 pm

Hey guys and gals. I am Yangtts. Name is Stephen. I am 16 years old.
I want to learn to write better. Do you think you can help me?

I am home schooled, I have some social issues so it is safer for me to not be around other people.

I love reading and this is one of my escapes. When I have all my school work done I can read as much as I want.

I want to do something special with my life.
Stephen Yang

AJ Konlucko
Site Admin

Re: I am Yangtts

Postby AJ Konlucko » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 4:40 pm

Welcome to the forum. What do you like to read? Have you done much writing and can you share some?

Rkcapps
Site Admin

Postby Rkcapps » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 5:13 pm

Hi Stephen, welcome, of course. Start out by trawling through the forum called "new to AWF", that's a great place to start. But I'd recommend you find the genre that most suits you.

PaulE

Postby PaulE » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 5:32 pm

Hi Stephen, welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place (as a socially awkward person myself).

Yes, share a little about what you like to write/read, preferred genres, etc.

There are a lot of resources that have been linked in the forum that will help you develop as a writer. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Rath Darkblade

Postby Rath Darkblade » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:30 pm

Hello, Stephen, and welcome!

So you want to learn to write better? That's a very broad ambition. Before we can help you, we need to know what you like to read and write. What genre(s) do you read - fantasy, science fiction, non-fiction, biography, romance etc.? There are many writers here who all write in different genres, and not everyone writes the same things. So if you tell us what you like to write, we'll know who is best-suited to help you.

As Rkcapps pointed out, the "New to AWF?" sub-forum is the best place to start. There are also lots of other resources.
There is nothing wrong with nepotism, so long as you keep it all in the family. (Winston Churchill)

FurtiveWordsmith
Very Important Member

Postby FurtiveWordsmith » Tue, 17 Apr 2018 12:34 pm

Hey man.
How are things?
We are all social outcasts a little here. The best way to be a writer is simply to write, write, write; like it's going out of style. Don't need to worry about too many of the details quite yet but have some fun with it. For me, I used to write a journal and then one day it looked like poetry and I thought,' hey, I think I'm actually good at something', haha.
Welcome.

yangtts
Highly Important Member

Postby yangtts » Tue, 17 Apr 2018 1:48 pm

You have all said such nice things. I am happy I can write on here. Can I send a story to be read?
Stephen Yang

AJ Konlucko
Site Admin

Postby AJ Konlucko » Tue, 17 Apr 2018 2:56 pm

yangtts wrote:Can I send a story to be read?

This would be the best place to post it: viewforum.php?f=7

Return to “Introductions”