Short story writers

Browse here ... a few of our most recommended posts. A place to start...
Eurekeur

Short story writers

Postby Eurekeur » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 3:43 pm

Hi AWF,

I am looking to talk to writers that have an interest in short stories.

I am developing a product that would benefit greatly if I could include a small book (about the size of a "Field Notes" exercise book) with the works of an Australian independent author.

If you're interested, or know anyone that would be, please reply here. Alternatively, you can direct any questions to my email eurekeur@gmail.com.

Thanks!

AJ Konlucko
Tremendously Important Member

Re: Short story writers

Postby AJ Konlucko » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 4:32 pm

I write short stories. What is it that you are looking for? To include a random short story or have somebody write something just to fit in with this?

Rkcapps
Site Admin

Postby Rkcapps » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 5:30 pm

Not me, sorry.

CageSage

Postby CageSage » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 7:42 pm

Are there any specifics? Theme, genre, word length, expected page count (is it a chap-book style, or an eBook?).

Is it a 'share' arrangement? More? Less?
Most people who request input or submissions are very specific. Leaving the field too wide could make it a bit scatter-gun ...

I need something more defined so I can know if it fits me or what I can or might do.

Eurekeur

Postby Eurekeur » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 11:11 pm

Hey all,

Thanks for your replies!

Allow me to be a bit more specific. I am definitely looking to include a chap-book style short story in the product.

The product is a new take on a gift hamper. So, with the short story, imagine you're giving a friend, colleague, or a loved one a gift pack, and inside is a quick read (most likely written by someone they've never heard of). With this in mind, I want to keep the book PG -> M rated.

In regards to the content of the story, I don't actually have a specific preference, i.e. the genre of the story does not change the structure/theme of my product. I'm really trying to include works by independent authors so that it will provide readers with a strong incentive to buy my product, while exposing the author to the greater public.

Please, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Also, sorry if this response was still a bit too vague as well, but I want to celebrate your writing with this idea, not constrict you to a specific genre or writing style.

CageSage

Postby CageSage » Wed, 30 Jan 2019 9:20 am

Can I ask what the product is? Who the intended audience/market the product is aimed toward? Is it part of a marketing campaign? Will the chapbook be a hardcopy item?

Any legal req's with copyright?

Just curious about where it's intended to end up, and the purpose of the product it will be included within.

AJ Konlucko

Postby AJ Konlucko » Wed, 30 Jan 2019 1:20 pm

CageSage wrote:
Just curious about where it's intended to end up, and the purpose of the product it will be included within.

I would also love to know this.

Return to “New to AWF?”