Brief, but interesting - we are not alone!

Browse here ... a few of our most recommended posts. A place to start...
CageSage
Tremendously Important Member

Brief, but interesting - we are not alone!

Postby CageSage » Sat, 14 Apr 2018 11:47 am

Rkcapps
Site Admin

Re: Brief, but interesting - we are not alone!

Postby Rkcapps » Sat, 14 Apr 2018 4:03 pm

Great post, thanks for sharing :)

Rath Darkblade

Postby Rath Darkblade » Sun, 15 Apr 2018 3:31 pm

Heh. This reminds me of the episode of Yes Prime Minister, where Sir Humphrey is invited to talk on radio. The PM tells him to say something "brief and interesting." Humphrey, the master of talkativeness, is taken aback: "Brief and interesting?" ;)

Anyway, yes. Poisons are poisons... I've been struck by the perfection poison before, though not often to such an extent. (I once or twice took a notebook and pencil to the park, thinking it would be the perfect quiet place to write. Wrong! Kids, dogs, bicycles, sports, parents, and musicians - no end of distractions!) :lol:

Maybe if I want a quiet place to write, I should stay home - or go to a cemetery. :shock: (And even then, there would be the noise of the traffic...) :P
There is nothing wrong with nepotism, so long as you keep it all in the family. (Winston Churchill)

CageSage
Tremendously Important Member

Postby CageSage » Sun, 15 Apr 2018 4:41 pm

Cemeteries are very interesting places to visit at dusk or dawn, just to see who's wandering around. Great to draw on for characterisation. And you may be surprised by the number of people who manage to get through locked gates, etc. just so they can visit at these times (include midnight in that). I used to live on a laneway that backed onto a large cemetery that locked the gates every night at six pm and reopen at eight am. Funny things to be seen. Interesting, not quiet.

Return to “New to AWF?”