The Australian Writers’ Forum allows writers and associated people to communicate with one another over the internet, using a bulletin board (aka forum, threaded discussion board). Please understand our writers are busy and visit here when they can. In addition, we regularly run interactive real-time writing events using a web-based chat room.
This internet-based writing group is especially useful for people who aren’t able to physically attend writers’ group meetings or dislike face-to-face meetings. (Writers’ group meetings are often organised through a writers’ centre.) The Australian Writers’ Forum thus allows Australian writers to get help and support from other Australian writers, regardless of location.
Best of all, it’s free (although donations are welcome).
1. The forum is for fiction and non-fiction writers (professional, amateur or interested) and people with associated interests (agents, publishers, illustrators, etc).
2. You need to be Australian and/or currently living in Australia. If you're Australian living overseas, please email the admin at email@example.com to explain your circumstances, otherwise be warned anyone from overseas will be deleted.
3. You must not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, derogatory, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws (including those of your country, Australia or international law). Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us.
4. You must not ask others to post anything potentially slanderous or libelous, such as seeking dirt on shonky agents. If you need that kind of information, ask people to contact you privately.
5. Advertising/marketing/promotion of your writing or services should be limited. After 5 posts you may add a signature with a link to a website and inclusion to our Current Writing Projects & Published Works page.
6. In sections other than ‘Off Topic’, please don’t stray too far from the topic for too long.
7. Forum administrators and moderators may remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time, should they see fit.
8. Forum administrators and moderators may deny any member access to this site at any time, should they see fit.
9. Forum administrators and moderators will not be held responsible for things that other people post on this forum.
10. Forum administrators and moderators will not be held responsible for things members may have been involved in outside this forum.
11. Bullying of any kind will not be tolerated and Forum moderators reserves the right to delete any suspicious material and members will only be given one warning to stop malicious or harmful behaviour then the troublemaker will be deleted without further warning. Beyond one warning, bullying of any kind will not be tolerated.
12. There are a few other legal and technical conditions associated with the forum software. These are listed on the forum registration page.
13. You must be respectful and courteous to other member's. Antagonising rudeness will not be tolerated and will earn an instant ban. And such a ban will be at the sole discretion of Forum Administrators and moderators.
14. Whilst a pseudonym is acceptable, a degree of honesty is required. Lying will not be tolerated, especially from those who become members, and will earn an instant ban. And such a ban will be at the sole discretion of Forum Administrators and moderators.
15. You must be 18 years of age.
No method for distributing or securing your manuscript (MS) is 100% safe from the risk of plagiarism and intellectual property theft.
Most publishers won’t accept a work that’s been previously ‘published on the internet’ (or anywhere else). If that’s a concern, you’ll need to decide what ‘published on the internet’ means.
The more people who have access to your MS:
• the more likely it is that it will be stolen or considered published
• the more reviews you may receive and the more likely it is that someone influential will help you get published.
Thus, there is a trade-off between security and benefit. Different writers prefer different balances between those outcomes. The choice is yours. The writings is yours. The forum will not be responsible for an unsatisfactory outcome.
A secondary consideration is whether you have the confidence to approach potential reviewers directly (vie email or PM), or whether you’d rather canvas for reviewers in a more open post.
Once you are a regular forum members may post as they deem fit although do not post an MS - a beta reader may be sought and a PM sent.
Regular forum members are those with 5+ posts. Viewing of the full forum is restricted until you become a regular, join in a few chats, if this is too daunting them email the administrators with your concerns. A lot more content is available when you're a regular. Please be cautious about what you post. An unfamiliar website can open up the chance of a member's computer to a virus. Something no one can afford.
You are encouraged to try maintain this standard although it is not a requirement.
How to Join
• Click to open the forum’s registration page.
• Click ‘I agree to the terms’ if you do.
• Fill in the required information and click ‘Submit’.
AWF is funded by donations. If you’d like to donate, please contact the AWF administrator.
Information and terms of service
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest