Vision 2018

Questions, answers and suggestions about the forum
Forum rules
Posts in this section are visible to everyone on the internet. If you want more privacy, use the 'Members Only' section instead.
PaulE
Site Admin

Re: Vision 2018

Postby PaulE » Thu, 02 Nov 2017 8:11 pm

Discussion topics are a good idea.

Perhaps we should try and revive the Facebook page. The most recent post is over 2 years old.

Before I approach any of my contacts, I'd probably need to see a reasonable level of interest. I'd hate to invite them here and only have a couple of people turn up. Be warned, they lean heavily to the fantasy/SF space.
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." - Angel

AJ Konlucko
Tremendously Important Member

Postby AJ Konlucko » Fri, 03 Nov 2017 8:48 am

PaulE wrote:Discussion topics are a good idea.

Perhaps we should try and revive the Facebook page. The most recent post is over 2 years old.

Before I approach any of my contacts, I'd probably need to see a reasonable level of interest. I'd hate to invite them here and only have a couple of people turn up. Be warned, they lean heavily to the fantasy/SF space.

Who controls the Facebook page? I don't have access to it.

I agree, no point getting them on if the level of interest in not enough to make it worthwhile...

chicmech
Very Important Member

Postby chicmech » Fri, 03 Nov 2017 10:07 am

A guest would be cool! I'd love that!
I try to pop in most weekdays and see what's happening or what new posts I can contribute to. I've really been loving being a part of this forum lately!
I think time constraints are everyone's struggle and probably the reason a lot of people come and go or don't log in for a while.
I needed a hero so that's what I became!

AJ Konlucko

Postby AJ Konlucko » Fri, 03 Nov 2017 10:17 am

chicmech wrote:A guest would be cool! I'd love that!
I try to pop in most weekdays and see what's happening or what new posts I can contribute to. I've really been loving being a part of this forum lately!
I think time constraints are everyone's struggle and probably the reason a lot of people come and go or don't log in for a while.

Thanks for the feedback :)

I (more than most) understand about lacking free time. Hard to make having a forum "worthwhile" if we don't have members who all regularly contribute... It does not even have to be writing related all the time, it is just disappointing to log on and see no new posts.

Rkcapps
Site Admin

Postby Rkcapps » Fri, 03 Nov 2017 10:34 am

I think we're running the challenges and have even shortened them to help with time constraints (reminds me, I should explore setting up voting for the character challenge). The problem seems to be, people are visiting, but not contributing some writing because of a variety of reasons, they're busy, they're working on their own project and and in that headspace or they're shy. Probably heaps of other reasons too. I think we're doing most of what we can. The discussions and guest post are a start.

By the way PaulE, I'm keen for a guest chat too. They're are certain days I have rehab or speech booked in but otherwise I'll be there!

AJ Konlucko

Postby AJ Konlucko » Fri, 03 Nov 2017 10:47 am

Rkcapps wrote:I think we're running the challenges and have even shortened them to help with time constraints

I think we need to push these more in 2018, in the past they have really made the forum active :)

Rkcapps
Site Admin

Postby Rkcapps » Fri, 03 Nov 2017 12:00 pm

I think that's a good idea. They're great exercise for the brain.

lmunch
Forum Member

Postby lmunch » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 10:18 am

What made me join up was being able to read what other members are writing and help them develop as writers, given I have little time to write myself.

chicmech
Very Important Member

Postby chicmech » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 10:30 am

I struggle with challenges, only because I'm so focussed on my WIP that I generally don't have time for anything else.
I needed a hero so that's what I became!

PaulE
Site Admin

Postby PaulE » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 10:58 am

chicmech wrote:I struggle with challenges, only because I'm so focussed on my WIP that I generally don't have time for anything else.

That's a good reason. I like the challenges as I'm not really doing much other writing due to a combination of lack of time and lack of motivation, I seem to work much better with an imposed deadline. (I should probably set some of those for myself.)
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." - Angel

Return to “Help”