Questions, answers and suggestions about the forum
Forum rules
Posts in this section are visible to everyone on the internet. If you want more privacy, use the 'Members Only' section instead.
AJ Konlucko
Site Admin

Re: Posts

Postby AJ Konlucko » Mon, 06 Feb 2017 11:28 am

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad we are happy with where we are at.

Fingal07
Very Important Member

Postby Fingal07 » Tue, 07 Feb 2017 10:04 pm

Okay so I am going to be brutally honest here: ther are only maybe 10 members who actively participate on the forum. I understand that life is busy, shit I know my life has been busy! I don't think we should be worrying about how many members are active, how many members we have or how often members log on. The fact still remains, this is a forum with a wealth of knowledge. It is a forum where people who are active in their craft are present, it is a forum where we can get an outside perspective on our writings, and it is a forum where we are supportive.

Do we need much more than that?
“When people talk, listen completely. Don’t be thinking of what you’re going to say. Most people never listen. Nor do they observe.” – Ernest Hemingway

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. " - Albert Einstein

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein

Fingal07
Very Important Member

Postby Fingal07 » Tue, 07 Feb 2017 10:07 pm

Maybe a few more than 10?? If there are more than that, let yourself be known!!! :D :D :D
“When people talk, listen completely. Don’t be thinking of what you’re going to say. Most people never listen. Nor do they observe.” – Ernest Hemingway

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. " - Albert Einstein

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein

Rkcapps
Site Admin

Postby Rkcapps » Wed, 08 Feb 2017 9:51 am

Yes, those who can, are here alot, but it's fine for people to come here as they wish and search up all they need :)

Peter McLennan
Site Admin

Postby Peter McLennan » Wed, 08 Feb 2017 10:14 am

An issue I found is that most members disappear after a while (as I have!). Ergo, it's necessary to pull in active new members at the same rate at which current members become inactive—and preferably greater. I found this to be very time-consuming and difficult.

I guess I'm saying this to warn against taking an exclusively short-term view of the issue: look to the future as well.
Peter McLennan
Board Administrator
AmazonSmashwordsWeb Site

Enzed
Super Important Member

Postby Enzed » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 9:23 am

MazzaE wrote:I would love to see more people actually writing.

Hi MazzaE, I'm sure we would be interested to read something you have written - do you have some writing ready to post for review / feedback?

Just because people are not posting for review right now, doesn't mean they are not busy writing. I think I remember reading an early post of yours where you said you were not interested in publishing anything. Have you changed your mind about that?
Joss Shawyer
Amazon

Rkcapps
Site Admin

Postby Rkcapps » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:11 am

An idea. Maybe as people update their blogs (if they have one) they could notify us? I often put writing there. I know I never shared this thread here: https://rkcappscom.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... -exercise/. If I publish something unrelated to writing I know I wouldn't share but if its writing I haven't shared here or related to writing then I can let you know. Perhaps everyone can do similar. If they have a blog.

Return to “Help”