"Beta Readers" subforum in Reviews

Questions, answers and suggestions about the forum
Forum rules
Posts in this section are visible to everyone on the internet. If you want more privacy, use the 'Members Only' section instead.
Warchild
Ultra Important Member

Re: "Beta Readers" subforum in Reviews

Postby Warchild » Thu, 26 May 2016 2:54 pm

Hi!
I understand what you mean, it's a bit of a ghost town here...

If you don't mind an amateur editor I'd be happy to have a look (also depending on how big it is!). I recently was paid to edit a story that turned out to be about 120 pages but it was so badly written it took me weeks to wade through it!
Are you after feedback on the actual story or just grammatical editing?

Hopefully we can jazz this place up a bit and get some more activity!
I write under MJ Hawken and MJ Crispin. I love writing fantasy with a bit of romance!
Feel free to ask me anything about horses :)

https://mjhawken.wordpress.com/

~I can't drown my demons they know how to swim~

Peter McLennan
Site Admin

Postby Peter McLennan » Thu, 26 May 2016 4:17 pm

R, the reason why you couldn't post in 'Beta Readers' is because I stuffed up (again).

Cutting a many-months-long story short, I had a torrid time attempting to upgrade the forum software a while ago, and the permission system got borked in the process. I thought I'd fixed everything, but it seems not. The permission system is a nightmare to manage.

I've just tried to restore access to 'Beta Readers', so please try again. Holler (and don't be surprised) if I still haven't got it right.

And yes, the forum is disappointingly quiet at the moment. I'm at a loss to know why.
Peter McLennan
Board Administrator
AmazonSmashwordsWeb Site

OzFenric

Postby OzFenric » Thu, 26 May 2016 4:22 pm

With an election around the corner and plenty of stresses in our world, perhaps it's just that people are preoccupied with Life Stuff. For myself, I've only just returned to my current WIP after a sabbatical from about November last year. R Munro, it's good to see another active poster around and be assured, your contributions are being read! :-)
Sleep is for tortoises.

OzFenric

Postby OzFenric » Thu, 26 May 2016 4:25 pm

BTW R Munro, what genre is your work in, and how long? If it falls into my interests I'd be happy to read it and comment for free.
Sleep is for tortoises.

Return to “Help”