Private Messages

Questions, answers and suggestions about the forum
Forum rules
Posts in this section are visible to everyone on the internet. If you want more privacy, use the 'Members Only' section instead.
Greta
Very Important Member

Private Messages

Postby Greta » Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:58 am

Hi Peter,

I think PMs may not be working atm. I tried sending by the 'reply' method and by the 'new' but when I hit submit they don't go into my outbox and the msg disappears.

Greta

Peter McLennan
Site Admin

Re: Private Messages

Postby Peter McLennan » Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:39 am

Alas, I wasn't able to duplicate the problem. I tested both 'new' and 'reply' successfully.

Did you get the 'This message has been sent successfully' message? If not, the site could still have been thinking. The web host has indicated a possible site restriction in the last 24 hours, but it seems fine now.

When things go awry, sometimes pressing 'back' in your browser will let you try again, or at least let you recover your text for safe keeping.

If the message reappears but doesn't send, look for dark red error messages. They're surprisingly easy to miss. I gather it didn't get this far, though.

Other gotchas that probably don't apply include hitting 'preview' instead of 'submit' :oops:, forgetting to click 'Add' after typing a recipient, and trying to send empty messages (eg, for testing).

Feel free to test PMs on me.
Peter McLennan
Board Administrator
AmazonSmashwordsWeb Site

Greta
Very Important Member

Re: Private Messages

Postby Greta » Thu, 11 Dec 2014 12:00 pm

Okay, thanks Peter. I might try a shut down and attempt to send again a little later.

Return to “Help”