Removal of non-active members

Announcements about this forum
Forum rules
Posts in this section are visible to everyone on the internet. If you want more privacy, use the 'Members Only' section instead.
AJ Konlucko
Site Admin

Re: Removal of non-active members

Postby AJ Konlucko » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 11:51 am

Terence Charles wrote:Seems a pity that some of the more positive suggestions about contacting non-active members appear to have been ignored.

Not ignored and that is something I am just about to do.
I am going to firstly contact all members who have at least 1 post and have not been active this year to let them know we are still here and would love to see them back.

You have all made it clear that you are happy to keep the 0 post count members, based on that I won't raise it ever again.

Enzed
Super Important Member

Postby Enzed » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 12:28 pm

lmunch wrote:Was BettyBoop really her name or something made up? What actually happened? Would it make a good story?

Well, if Paul doesn't want to use the BettyBoop experience as the basis for a fictional story / novel, would somebody else like to use it?

It's actually very current; the risk of making online enemies is quite real, as we know from reports about Facebook attacks and those on other forums. There are even news stories about people on some forums, urging someone to kill themselves with tragic consequences.

Paul's experience could be a theme for a fictional novel about the very real dangers of the internet and how people's lives are disrupted or destroyed by malicious internet activities instigated by disturbed people. And sadly, people who hate are everywhere on the internet. Our forum doesn't need to be identified as it's a fictional story after all! The story would no longer be about Paul but about fictional characters instead.

I think it's a great idea. It's thriller material. Any takers, anyone?
Joss Shawyer
Amazon

Peter McLennan
Site Admin

Postby Peter McLennan » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 1:12 pm

Peter McLennan
Board Administrator
AmazonSmashwordsWeb Site

Enzed
Super Important Member

Postby Enzed » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 1:26 pm

So the fictional stalker could join a forum, using an alias identifying with a sinister fictional character? Any suggestions? :)
Joss Shawyer
Amazon

PaulE
Site Admin

Postby PaulE » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 1:48 pm

I never thought of Betty Boop (the cartoon character) as sinister. I think the story would work better as a fairly innocuous character. How about Penelope Pitstop?
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." - Angel

Terence Charles
Very Important Member

Postby Terence Charles » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 3:06 pm

PGB I think that you are on the right track now!

I would suggest that creativity is never enhanced by negativism or dictatorships.

Contact those inactive members, and gently suggest they send us a post to advise us how to make the Forum more attractive to them. Ask, are they still writing, what genre? Are there any ways we can assist them with their WIP's or assist them to restart their writing career if it has lapsed. Be positive and try to get them back!
Terence Charles - 'ThiefTakers'
http://terencecharlesblog.wordpress.comImage

PaulE
Site Admin

Postby PaulE » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 4:12 pm

I've noticed a few members who registered a while ago logging on recently after long absences. That may be a response to the Facebook page showing some activity.

It's quite possible we'll see more returning if they're reminded they have accounts here.
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." - Angel

chicmech
Very Important Member

Postby chicmech » Thu, 09 Nov 2017 8:15 am

I must admit, I joined ages ago and then didn't post for months after. I believe I actually forgot my login details because it had been so long! lol!
I needed a hero so that's what I became!

ChristineR
Highly Important Member

Postby ChristineR » Thu, 09 Nov 2017 12:30 pm

I've been an absentee for a long time. I finally did get my first book written and published to Amazon. And no, I did not try to get it traditionally published first, nor could I afford to have it professionally edited and I made my own cover. :) I'm now revising the second book.
ChristineR
Revising Book Two of The Taverner's Daughter Series

AJ Konlucko
Site Admin

Postby AJ Konlucko » Thu, 09 Nov 2017 12:42 pm

ChristineR wrote:I've been an absentee for a long time. I finally did get my first book written and published to Amazon. And no, I did not try to get it traditionally published first, nor could I afford to have it professionally edited and I made my own cover. :) I'm now revising the second book.

It is great to see you back.

Return to “Notices”