Removal of non-active members

Announcements about this forum
Forum rules
Posts in this section are visible to everyone on the internet. If you want more privacy, use the 'Members Only' section instead.
Rath Darkblade

Re: Removal of non-active members

Postby Rath Darkblade » Fri, 16 Feb 2018 11:02 pm

*Rath points to the bar behind him, well-stocked with beer, wine, gin, whiskey, liqueurs, tequila, and that mysterious cloudy yellow liquid that nobody drinks!!!* ;)
There is nothing wrong with nepotism, so long as you keep it all in the family. (Winston Churchill)

AJ Konlucko
Tremendously Important Member

Postby AJ Konlucko » Tue, 20 Feb 2018 10:54 am

FurtiveWordsmith wrote:I began here as Discreet Author. Many times over the years, I returned until I finally forgot my password. At that point, I made a new profile and when it was discovered my old profile was deleted. I found that unfortunate as the history of my identity here was simply scrubbed. Personally, it is very seldom I find anything of benefit here in terms of writing knowledge or access, however, it is a themed procrastination to me that satiates my needs. I've worked as an author, professionally, for a good twenty years and I recognise that is not the story that brings everyone here. I do believe though, that old members should be welcomed back warmly; especially give the high turnover of new members. The before mentioned strategy seems a very effective way to control growth but loyalty to old members will have the opposite effect in my view.

Old members are welcome back but we won't keep accounts open for long periods of time for members who are not on here regularly.

Enzed
Super Important Member

Postby Enzed » Tue, 20 Feb 2018 1:23 pm

I have deleted this post.
Last edited by Enzed on Sat, 24 Feb 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joss Shawyer
Amazon

FurtiveWordsmith
Very Important Member

Postby FurtiveWordsmith » Tue, 20 Feb 2018 1:27 pm

I observe quite a contradiction there, however what I said was in the spirit of ideas I have to increase regular participation. Everytime I regularly participate there are only a small number of repetitive contributors. Incentive schemes or trending inclusions may remedy this obstacle. At any rate, I'm supportive of any action that may enrich the timbre of the group.

CageSage

Postby CageSage » Sat, 24 Feb 2018 8:16 am

None of the posts by Discreet, Discreet Author and DiscreetAuthor are gone. they remain, as all posts remain, and the style and tone are easily assigned to the writer.

FurtiveWordsmith
Very Important Member

Postby FurtiveWordsmith » Sat, 24 Feb 2018 10:05 am

Haha Indeed they are.
Thanks for that. I had wrongly assumed that since the member listing was gone, so too were the posts. Since reading your comment I've discovered the ability to find the posts via the search engine. It changes my perspective, in that, given the posts remain- I have no problems with the removal of member status.

Enzed
Super Important Member

Postby Enzed » Sat, 24 Feb 2018 10:20 am

If the removal of non-active members is related to ferreting out stalkers, then I would support it.
Joss Shawyer
Amazon

FurtiveWordsmith
Very Important Member

Postby FurtiveWordsmith » Sat, 24 Feb 2018 11:29 am

I certainly second that, Enzed.

AJ Konlucko

Postby AJ Konlucko » Sat, 24 Feb 2018 2:54 pm

Enzed wrote:If the removal of non-active members is related to ferreting out stalkers, then I would support it.

FurtiveWordsmith wrote:I certainly second that, Enzed.

Yes it is, to make sure everybody who is a member of the forum is here for the right reasons...

Return to “Notices”