Australian Writers' Forum - Registration
By accessing the Australian Writers’ Forum (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Australian Writers' Forum”, “http://www.australianwritersforum.org.au/forum”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms, then do not access and/or use the Australian Writers’ Forum. We may change these terms at any time and we’ll do our utmost to inform you—though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued use of the Australian Writers’ Forum after changes means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
- The forum is for fiction and non-fiction writers (professional, amateur or interested) and people with associated interests
(agents, publishers, illustrators, etc). At this stage, it’s an honour system, but if things get out of control,
access to the forum may be restricted to members of an
Australian writers’ centre,
Australian Society of Authors,
Australian Literary Agents’ Association, and/or
- You need to be currently living in Australia.
- You must not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material
that may violate any laws (including those of your country, Australia or International Law). Doing so may lead to you
being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us.
- You must not ask others to post anything potentially slanderous. If you need that kind of information, ask people to
contact you privately.
- You may not advertise—although you can ask questions related to your writing (that’s the whole
idea!) or discuss/offer your professional services if someone asks. If you wish to advertise, you should consider the
Australian Writer’s Marketplace Online and/or
Australian writers’ centres.
- Please don’t stray too far from the topic (ie, writing) for too long.
- Forum administrators may remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time, should they see fit.
- Forum administrators may deny any member access to this site at any time, should they see fit.
- Forum administrators will not be held responsible for things that other people post on this forum.
- The forum is powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”,
“phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the
“GNU General Public License v2”
(hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only
facilitates internet based discussions; the phpBB Group is not responsible for what it allows and/or disallows as
permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see
- Any information you enter will be stored in a database. While this information will not be deliberately disclosed to
any third party without your consent, neither the forum administrators nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may
lead to the data being compromised.
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.